On Septmember 3rd, our lab had a little retreat. Our day began with a bus ride to the Ritter Sport chocolate factory, which is just on the other side of the Schonbuch forest from Tuebingen. There we had a nice breakfast, went to a discount chocolate shop where some of it was half of the normal price and saw a very cheesy movie demonstrating how they make the chocolate. The highlight of the factory was a little diorama where if you pressed a button, a little toy truck drove out and gave you a piece of chocolate. Free chocolate! It was like a happy dream land. After this, we went for quite a long walk from the factory to a picnic shelter in the forest. It was raining, and I am pretty sure that most of us did not anticipate that we would be getting wet. We were rewarded finally though with beer and a fire to cook some meat on. After a few beers and some food, some of us went back on the bus, while a few of us (myself included) decided to walk the rest of the way back to Tuebingen through the forest. It was a great walk, mostly along a little stream. We timed it just right, getting back to the institute at just about sunset. I am pretty sure that we all had a good time, and many of us will occasionally dream about this little chocolate dispensing truck…. A Flickr gallery of images can be found HERE.
- RT @AllenInstitute: Get a behind-the-scenes look at our Institute for Brain Science. We’ve taken over @pacsci’s Instagram this #BrainWeek t… 3 days ago
- RT @MozakCGS: Come work on the @MozakCGS team with us!!! twitter.com/UWGameScience/… 3 days ago
- RT @wickglyph: The awesome folks over @TeacherGaming offered me a guest post slot, so I wrote a bit about my process of turning neuroscienc… 3 days ago
- RT @NatureisScary: Scorpionfish dragged to the depths of hell by a Bobbit Worm https://t.co/Fr5W54g9YE 4 days ago
- RT @IARPAnews: MICrONS #Scientists are working to close the gap between the architecture of the leading #MachineLearning #Algorithms and th… 4 days ago
- @murrayc @seattledot @SeattlePD I think it is likely they are understaffed but good at what they do... I appreciate… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- RT @AllenInstitute: Our Institute for Brain Science recently released the first dataset from live human neurons. This #openscience resource… 5 days ago