On Septmember 3rd, our lab had a little retreat. Our day began with a bus ride to the Ritter Sport chocolate factory, which is just on the other side of the Schonbuch forest from Tuebingen. There we had a nice breakfast, went to a discount chocolate shop where some of it was half of the normal price and saw a very cheesy movie demonstrating how they make the chocolate. The highlight of the factory was a little diorama where if you pressed a button, a little toy truck drove out and gave you a piece of chocolate. Free chocolate! It was like a happy dream land. After this, we went for quite a long walk from the factory to a picnic shelter in the forest. It was raining, and I am pretty sure that most of us did not anticipate that we would be getting wet. We were rewarded finally though with beer and a fire to cook some meat on. After a few beers and some food, some of us went back on the bus, while a few of us (myself included) decided to walk the rest of the way back to Tuebingen through the forest. It was a great walk, mostly along a little stream. We timed it just right, getting back to the institute at just about sunset. I am pretty sure that we all had a good time, and many of us will occasionally dream about this little chocolate dispensing truck…. A Flickr gallery of images can be found HERE.
- RT @SenJeffMerkley: A free press—where journalists can pursue any story, regardless of politicians’ or admins’ agendas—is how we know the m… 7 hours ago
- RT @viajake: Using dense, large-field-of-view 2P imaging we find a global map of orientation in mouse visual cortex. We're as surprised as… 2 days ago
- RT @neurojoy: Human and mouse cortical types could be compared between each other in a systematic way. About 16K cells were analyzed. New s… 3 days ago
- RT @NIMHgov: Watch how scientists are one step closer to building a complete “parts list” of the human brain @AllenInstitute @NIMHDirector… 4 days ago
- RT @AllenInstitute: A new study from our brain science team reveals the most detailed “parts list” of the human brain to date. This could i… 4 days ago
- RT @TonyZador: Announcing NAISys Neuro-AI meeting March 24-28, 2020 at CSHL with many great speakers including @ylecun @tyrell_turing @Kord… 4 days ago
- @nanographs Can I get one? You can't look in them all at the same time! 5 days ago