On Septmember 3rd, our lab had a little retreat. Our day began with a bus ride to the Ritter Sport chocolate factory, which is just on the other side of the Schonbuch forest from Tuebingen. There we had a nice breakfast, went to a discount chocolate shop where some of it was half of the normal price and saw a very cheesy movie demonstrating how they make the chocolate. The highlight of the factory was a little diorama where if you pressed a button, a little toy truck drove out and gave you a piece of chocolate. Free chocolate! It was like a happy dream land. After this, we went for quite a long walk from the factory to a picnic shelter in the forest. It was raining, and I am pretty sure that most of us did not anticipate that we would be getting wet. We were rewarded finally though with beer and a fire to cook some meat on. After a few beers and some food, some of us went back on the bus, while a few of us (myself included) decided to walk the rest of the way back to Tuebingen through the forest. It was a great walk, mostly along a little stream. We timed it just right, getting back to the institute at just about sunset. I am pretty sure that we all had a good time, and many of us will occasionally dream about this little chocolate dispensing truck…. A Flickr gallery of images can be found HERE.
- RT @amyneurons: Improving connectomics by an order of magnitude - @GoogleAI on ML for neuroscience and the epic neuron visualization tool,… 1 hour ago
- RT @maxplanckpress: Artificial neural networks now able to help reveal a #brain’s structure mpg.de/12130750/neura… @mpiNeuro 1 hour ago
- You can file 'outrage' right up there with 'thoughts and prayers' if not followed by action. This message is direct… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
- RT @neurowitz: Connectomics has ENORMOUS potential to benefit the world. Not just by providing deeper insight into differences between heal… 7 hours ago
- @stardazed0 @casa_tuthill @neuromusic @michalj @janeliaflyem Now all we need is the mouse visual cortex example... 1 day ago
- @casa_tuthill @neuromusic @stardazed0 I can't get enough of that visualization... 1 day ago
- @jacquidetwiler nice to have you by for a short lab visit, if you have any more questions for us about our crazy el… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago