On Septmember 3rd, our lab had a little retreat. Our day began with a bus ride to the Ritter Sport chocolate factory, which is just on the other side of the Schonbuch forest from Tuebingen. There we had a nice breakfast, went to a discount chocolate shop where some of it was half of the normal price and saw a very cheesy movie demonstrating how they make the chocolate. The highlight of the factory was a little diorama where if you pressed a button, a little toy truck drove out and gave you a piece of chocolate. Free chocolate! It was like a happy dream land. After this, we went for quite a long walk from the factory to a picnic shelter in the forest. It was raining, and I am pretty sure that most of us did not anticipate that we would be getting wet. We were rewarded finally though with beer and a fire to cook some meat on. After a few beers and some food, some of us went back on the bus, while a few of us (myself included) decided to walk the rest of the way back to Tuebingen through the forest. It was a great walk, mostly along a little stream. We timed it just right, getting back to the institute at just about sunset. I am pretty sure that we all had a good time, and many of us will occasionally dream about this little chocolate dispensing truck…. A Flickr gallery of images can be found HERE.
- RT @MHendr1cks: @OdedRechavi @neurowitz @dileeplearning @aexbrown Almost all mammalian neurons release 1 or more peptides, in addition to N… 19 hours ago
- RT @ScienceJulia: One government researcher comes in to feed his bugs green beans and collards. Another sneaks into the lab to maintain a… 2 days ago
- RT @BioImagingUK: #jobsInMicroscopy Senior Optical Microscopist to join the #Bioimaging facility providing light and electron microscopy se… 3 days ago
- 800000 people not getting their paychecks, science suffering all over the place sciencemag.org/news/2019/01/u… and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- RT @jenheemstra: Grad students, when you hear that you should be “independent” you might think that means you can’t ask for help. Quite the… 4 days ago
- RT @AllenInstitute: New preprint from our Brain Science team! Transcriptomic evidence for dense peptidergic neuromodulation networks in mou… 5 days ago
- RT @INCForg: The @AllenInstitute for Brain Science has a scientist level position available to design modern machine learning methods for t… 5 days ago