On Septmember 3rd, our lab had a little retreat. Our day began with a bus ride to the Ritter Sport chocolate factory, which is just on the other side of the Schonbuch forest from Tuebingen. There we had a nice breakfast, went to a discount chocolate shop where some of it was half of the normal price and saw a very cheesy movie demonstrating how they make the chocolate. The highlight of the factory was a little diorama where if you pressed a button, a little toy truck drove out and gave you a piece of chocolate. Free chocolate! It was like a happy dream land. After this, we went for quite a long walk from the factory to a picnic shelter in the forest. It was raining, and I am pretty sure that most of us did not anticipate that we would be getting wet. We were rewarded finally though with beer and a fire to cook some meat on. After a few beers and some food, some of us went back on the bus, while a few of us (myself included) decided to walk the rest of the way back to Tuebingen through the forest. It was a great walk, mostly along a little stream. We timed it just right, getting back to the institute at just about sunset. I am pretty sure that we all had a good time, and many of us will occasionally dream about this little chocolate dispensing truck…. A Flickr gallery of images can be found HERE.
- RT @albertcardona: October 1st, 2017. A day that will live in infamy. #Catalonia The new Catalan Republic should make a point of governing… 9 hours ago
- RT @Allen_Institute: Create 3D neuron reconstructions by playing Mozak, an online game. 💻 mozak.science No #neuroscience experienc… 17 hours ago
- RT @RepAdamSchiff: One day at a time, one brick at a time, Trump dismantles our system of checks and balances while a cowed GOP watches on,… 20 hours ago
- RT @NCSE: Facing Public Outcry, New Mexico Restores Evolution and Global Warming to Science Standards. motherjones.com/politics/2017/… 1 day ago
- RT @albertcardona: Tough times for Spanish scientists. Those abroad can't digest their country turned sour overnight. Those in it see their… 1 day ago
- RT @SierraClub: Kathleen White, a new nominee as an environmental advisor to the WH thinks CO2 emissions as a pollutant is “absurd” https:/… 1 day ago
- RT @BWJones: There is still no science advisor to POTUS ... No other modern president has gone this long w/out a science advisor. https://t… 2 days ago