On Septmember 3rd, our lab had a little retreat. Our day began with a bus ride to the Ritter Sport chocolate factory, which is just on the other side of the Schonbuch forest from Tuebingen. There we had a nice breakfast, went to a discount chocolate shop where some of it was half of the normal price and saw a very cheesy movie demonstrating how they make the chocolate. The highlight of the factory was a little diorama where if you pressed a button, a little toy truck drove out and gave you a piece of chocolate. Free chocolate! It was like a happy dream land. After this, we went for quite a long walk from the factory to a picnic shelter in the forest. It was raining, and I am pretty sure that most of us did not anticipate that we would be getting wet. We were rewarded finally though with beer and a fire to cook some meat on. After a few beers and some food, some of us went back on the bus, while a few of us (myself included) decided to walk the rest of the way back to Tuebingen through the forest. It was a great walk, mostly along a little stream. We timed it just right, getting back to the institute at just about sunset. I am pretty sure that we all had a good time, and many of us will occasionally dream about this little chocolate dispensing truck…. A Flickr gallery of images can be found HERE.
- RT @AllenFrontiers: Terrific work from Allen Distinguished Investigator Jay Shendure and colleagues. #Frontiers nytimes.com/2017/08/17/sci… 2 days ago
- RT @PavelTomancak: This I call a no bullshit PI job advertisement. #IMBA is looking for scientists. Period. twitter.com/alexanderstark… 2 days ago
- False Equivalency reporting has had a huge impact on public perception of global warming, other science issues.. twitter.com/NeedhiBhalla/s… 3 days ago
- RT @GlennKesslerWP: The Trump administration just disbanded a federal advisory committee on climate change wapo.st/2xf7dkY?tid=ss… 3 days ago
- More anti-science with real implications for real people. Thanks for nothing Trump! twitter.com/EricLiptonNYT/… 4 days ago
- RT @Allen_Institute: We are bringing together gaming and scientific discovery with @MozakCGS, a collaborative project with @UWGameScience h… 5 days ago
- RT @Allen_Institute: “How does the brain work?” See how we are tackling this question with the Allen Brain Observatory: https://t.co/hBN8ER… 5 days ago