On Septmember 3rd, our lab had a little retreat. Our day began with a bus ride to the Ritter Sport chocolate factory, which is just on the other side of the Schonbuch forest from Tuebingen. There we had a nice breakfast, went to a discount chocolate shop where some of it was half of the normal price and saw a very cheesy movie demonstrating how they make the chocolate. The highlight of the factory was a little diorama where if you pressed a button, a little toy truck drove out and gave you a piece of chocolate. Free chocolate! It was like a happy dream land. After this, we went for quite a long walk from the factory to a picnic shelter in the forest. It was raining, and I am pretty sure that most of us did not anticipate that we would be getting wet. We were rewarded finally though with beer and a fire to cook some meat on. After a few beers and some food, some of us went back on the bus, while a few of us (myself included) decided to walk the rest of the way back to Tuebingen through the forest. It was a great walk, mostly along a little stream. We timed it just right, getting back to the institute at just about sunset. I am pretty sure that we all had a good time, and many of us will occasionally dream about this little chocolate dispensing truck…. A Flickr gallery of images can be found HERE.
- Tomoko Ohyama presented some cool Drosophila circuit evolution work at the HHMI/Max Planck connectomics meeting.. a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- Public comment on Brain Initiative 2.0. It's important that we get this right. braininitiative.nih.gov/strategic-plan… 2 hours ago
- @mabuice @AllenInstitute You have to pronounce The 'p' as a syllable, Then it works just fine. 18 hours ago
- RT @AllenInstitute: On this #HaikuDay enjoy poems by our team and please share your own #ScienceArt https://t.co/6XuJz3CZPt 18 hours ago
- RT @WardQNormal: Bill Barr's "A Tale of Two Cities" https://t.co/U51pLToETO 18 hours ago
- RT @AllenInstitute: Enjoy this lovely haiku by Maggie Fuqua from the gene-editing team at our Allen Institute for Cell Science. #HaikuDay #… 18 hours ago
- Serious beer at a serious biergarten! I guess Germans can make an IPA. Who knew? https://t.co/GtDGIPWbqG 19 hours ago