On Septmember 3rd, our lab had a little retreat. Our day began with a bus ride to the Ritter Sport chocolate factory, which is just on the other side of the Schonbuch forest from Tuebingen. There we had a nice breakfast, went to a discount chocolate shop where some of it was half of the normal price and saw a very cheesy movie demonstrating how they make the chocolate. The highlight of the factory was a little diorama where if you pressed a button, a little toy truck drove out and gave you a piece of chocolate. Free chocolate! It was like a happy dream land. After this, we went for quite a long walk from the factory to a picnic shelter in the forest. It was raining, and I am pretty sure that most of us did not anticipate that we would be getting wet. We were rewarded finally though with beer and a fire to cook some meat on. After a few beers and some food, some of us went back on the bus, while a few of us (myself included) decided to walk the rest of the way back to Tuebingen through the forest. It was a great walk, mostly along a little stream. We timed it just right, getting back to the institute at just about sunset. I am pretty sure that we all had a good time, and many of us will occasionally dream about this little chocolate dispensing truck…. A Flickr gallery of images can be found HERE.
- RT @BWJones: #basicresearch drives literally everything we have from health to defense and quality of life. twitter.com/eric_lander/st… 44 minutes ago
- RT @NatureNews: Donald Trump’s proposed cuts to US earthquake early-warning system puts citizens at risk: go.nature.com/2rU07zY https://t… 1 day ago
- RT @ResearchGermany: #Postdocs can now apply for the Emmy Noether Programme bit.ly/1XbW6nI @dfg_public #Funding #FundingProgramme 3 days ago
- RT @rmartinledo: #Paleonemertean larva eating #Favella ehrenbergii #tintinnina #Ciliophora https://t.co/RIHWIH9KgZ 3 days ago
- RT @GeneticsGSA: Congratulations! Hodgkin's contributions include uncovering the sex determination pathway in #Celegans #Worm17 https://t.c… 3 days ago
- RT @NatureNews: The US west coast is at risk if Trump's proposed cuts to earthquake early-warning system are approved: https://t.co/osX8Dys… 3 days ago
- RT @BillGates: It's easy to take cutting-edge research for granted. But most breakthroughs that improve our lives start as government-spons… 4 days ago