On Septmember 3rd, our lab had a little retreat. Our day began with a bus ride to the Ritter Sport chocolate factory, which is just on the other side of the Schonbuch forest from Tuebingen. There we had a nice breakfast, went to a discount chocolate shop where some of it was half of the normal price and saw a very cheesy movie demonstrating how they make the chocolate. The highlight of the factory was a little diorama where if you pressed a button, a little toy truck drove out and gave you a piece of chocolate. Free chocolate! It was like a happy dream land. After this, we went for quite a long walk from the factory to a picnic shelter in the forest. It was raining, and I am pretty sure that most of us did not anticipate that we would be getting wet. We were rewarded finally though with beer and a fire to cook some meat on. After a few beers and some food, some of us went back on the bus, while a few of us (myself included) decided to walk the rest of the way back to Tuebingen through the forest. It was a great walk, mostly along a little stream. We timed it just right, getting back to the institute at just about sunset. I am pretty sure that we all had a good time, and many of us will occasionally dream about this little chocolate dispensing truck…. A Flickr gallery of images can be found HERE.
- @albertcardona If we could figure out a way to head plate that thing to get some behavioral context.... 3 hours ago
- RT @albertcardona: With the smallest known free-living fully-formed juvenile at 15 mm including the tail, the chameleon Brookesia micra sho… 3 hours ago
- RT @JordanUhl: At Trump’s rally last night: -He endorsed a pedophile -A speaker compared his Israel decision to “Jesus’ return” -He mock… 2 days ago
- RT @Comey: “Applause is the spur of noble minds, the end and aim of weak ones.” - Edmund Burke (1730-1797) 2 days ago
- RT @Viveknprakash: nice article by @Planaria1 on how we can solve longstanding problems biology by studying new organisms ! also see his in… 2 days ago
- RT @mtyka: Wow. There are no zigzags in this picture - only wavy lines. Original paper by Kohske Takahashi on curvature illusion. https://t… 3 days ago
- RT @SchwabYannick: Wow: a game changer for SBEM! High-performance serial block-face SEM of nonconductive biological samples enab... https:… 3 days ago