I attended the Nematode Tree of Life Dorylaimia workshop. Nematologists from all over the world flew out for the occasion so it was a great chance to meet with old friends and make some new ones. Many thanks to the De Ley lab for their organizational efforts. It was held at the James Reserve, one of the field stations of the University of California. Their website, incidentally, has some great webcams on it. I brought along a battery operated blacklight, generously loaned to me by the UCR Entomology Museum, to try and collect some beetles. Many beetles that show up to blacklights have nematodes associated with them, either as parasites or just hitching a ride. I’ll post an update if I manage to find anything interesting on them. I also remembered to bring my fly rod up for a little fishing at “Lake” Fulmor, a pond adjacent to the reserve. The meeting wrapped up with dinner at the Gastrognome, a seafood place in Idyllwild, and a discussion of future collaborative projects. Please be sure to check out my photo album of the event Here. Also, see Mark Blaxter’s excellent photographic evidence from this event and the SON meeting Here.
- RT @Numenta: Two neurons forming a synapse. The electron microscopy on the left and the 3D reconstruction on the right. By Seung Lab- @Seba… 9 hours ago
- @HHMINEWS Oh, Desmoscolex are cool nematodes.. with very cool faces! antsbeeswasps.wordpress.com/2012/11/02/nem… 9 hours ago
- RT @RusanLab: Deadline is 9/29. We hire 10-20 NIH Tenure-Track Investigator each year. irp.nih.gov/careers/trans-… 17 hours ago
- @mh_lab @nature Congratulations! 1 day ago
- RT @mh_lab: Our connectomic analysis in the entorhinal cortex now online @nature nature.com/nature/journal… -precise synapses within a wild ne… 1 day ago
- RT @albertcardona: "at least 30% of the output synapses of excitatory neurons are made onto other excitatory targets" in L2 of medial entor… 1 day ago
- RT @SebastianSeung: Congrats to my student @kisukkevinlee now number one on both @cremi_challenge and @SNEMI3D connectomics leaderboards ht… 2 days ago