I attended the Nematode Tree of Life Dorylaimia workshop. Nematologists from all over the world flew out for the occasion so it was a great chance to meet with old friends and make some new ones. Many thanks to the De Ley lab for their organizational efforts. It was held at the James Reserve, one of the field stations of the University of California. Their website, incidentally, has some great webcams on it. I brought along a battery operated blacklight, generously loaned to me by the UCR Entomology Museum, to try and collect some beetles. Many beetles that show up to blacklights have nematodes associated with them, either as parasites or just hitching a ride. I’ll post an update if I manage to find anything interesting on them. I also remembered to bring my fly rod up for a little fishing at “Lake” Fulmor, a pond adjacent to the reserve. The meeting wrapped up with dinner at the Gastrognome, a seafood place in Idyllwild, and a discussion of future collaborative projects. Please be sure to check out my photo album of the event Here. Also, see Mark Blaxter’s excellent photographic evidence from this event and the SON meeting Here.
- @viajake @drawboard @Acrobat I depend on it daily... I am not sure that I could read PDF's without pen support anym… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- RT @sacnas: 📣Exciting new opportunity shoutout: Open Source Software for #Science Request for Applications @ChanZuckerberg! Check it out… 21 hours ago
- RT @EMDB_EMPIAR: WANTED: 2 Interdisciplinary Team Leader positions in Advanced Light Microscopy and Electron Microscopy Service and Technol… 1 day ago
- @viajake I like the idea, but I have a fear of commitment.. And I've been focusing on trying to read with depth whe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @EuroBioImaging: Recruitment for the first positions at the EMBL Imaging Centre has started! embl.de/jobs/searchjob… @embl #imagingscien… 3 days ago
- RT @amyneurons: Workin on some new graphics. Synapse, dendrite, soma, axon. May also do various cortical cell types. What else would be coo… 3 days ago
- RT @foodskop: Biologists Create New Maps of Caenorhabditis elegans Neurons | The Scientist Magazine® @GeneticsGSA #celegans https://t.co… 4 days ago