I attended the Nematode Tree of Life Dorylaimia workshop. Nematologists from all over the world flew out for the occasion so it was a great chance to meet with old friends and make some new ones. Many thanks to the De Ley lab for their organizational efforts. It was held at the James Reserve, one of the field stations of the University of California. Their website, incidentally, has some great webcams on it. I brought along a battery operated blacklight, generously loaned to me by the UCR Entomology Museum, to try and collect some beetles. Many beetles that show up to blacklights have nematodes associated with them, either as parasites or just hitching a ride. I’ll post an update if I manage to find anything interesting on them. I also remembered to bring my fly rod up for a little fishing at “Lake” Fulmor, a pond adjacent to the reserve. The meeting wrapped up with dinner at the Gastrognome, a seafood place in Idyllwild, and a discussion of future collaborative projects. Please be sure to check out my photo album of the event Here. Also, see Mark Blaxter’s excellent photographic evidence from this event and the SON meeting Here.
- RT @BWJones: #basicresearch drives literally everything we have from health to defense and quality of life. twitter.com/eric_lander/st… 45 minutes ago
- RT @NatureNews: Donald Trump’s proposed cuts to US earthquake early-warning system puts citizens at risk: go.nature.com/2rU07zY https://t… 1 day ago
- RT @ResearchGermany: #Postdocs can now apply for the Emmy Noether Programme bit.ly/1XbW6nI @dfg_public #Funding #FundingProgramme 3 days ago
- RT @rmartinledo: #Paleonemertean larva eating #Favella ehrenbergii #tintinnina #Ciliophora https://t.co/RIHWIH9KgZ 3 days ago
- RT @GeneticsGSA: Congratulations! Hodgkin's contributions include uncovering the sex determination pathway in #Celegans #Worm17 https://t.c… 3 days ago
- RT @NatureNews: The US west coast is at risk if Trump's proposed cuts to earthquake early-warning system are approved: https://t.co/osX8Dys… 3 days ago
- RT @BillGates: It's easy to take cutting-edge research for granted. But most breakthroughs that improve our lives start as government-spons… 4 days ago