I attended the Nematode Tree of Life Dorylaimia workshop. Nematologists from all over the world flew out for the occasion so it was a great chance to meet with old friends and make some new ones. Many thanks to the De Ley lab for their organizational efforts. It was held at the James Reserve, one of the field stations of the University of California. Their website, incidentally, has some great webcams on it. I brought along a battery operated blacklight, generously loaned to me by the UCR Entomology Museum, to try and collect some beetles. Many beetles that show up to blacklights have nematodes associated with them, either as parasites or just hitching a ride. I’ll post an update if I manage to find anything interesting on them. I also remembered to bring my fly rod up for a little fishing at “Lake” Fulmor, a pond adjacent to the reserve. The meeting wrapped up with dinner at the Gastrognome, a seafood place in Idyllwild, and a discussion of future collaborative projects. Please be sure to check out my photo album of the event Here. Also, see Mark Blaxter’s excellent photographic evidence from this event and the SON meeting Here.
- RT @albertcardona: October 1st, 2017. A day that will live in infamy. #Catalonia The new Catalan Republic should make a point of governing… 9 hours ago
- RT @Allen_Institute: Create 3D neuron reconstructions by playing Mozak, an online game. 💻 mozak.science No #neuroscience experienc… 17 hours ago
- RT @RepAdamSchiff: One day at a time, one brick at a time, Trump dismantles our system of checks and balances while a cowed GOP watches on,… 20 hours ago
- RT @NCSE: Facing Public Outcry, New Mexico Restores Evolution and Global Warming to Science Standards. motherjones.com/politics/2017/… 1 day ago
- RT @albertcardona: Tough times for Spanish scientists. Those abroad can't digest their country turned sour overnight. Those in it see their… 1 day ago
- RT @SierraClub: Kathleen White, a new nominee as an environmental advisor to the WH thinks CO2 emissions as a pollutant is “absurd” https:/… 1 day ago
- RT @BWJones: There is still no science advisor to POTUS ... No other modern president has gone this long w/out a science advisor. https://t… 2 days ago