I attended the Nematode Tree of Life Dorylaimia workshop. Nematologists from all over the world flew out for the occasion so it was a great chance to meet with old friends and make some new ones. Many thanks to the De Ley lab for their organizational efforts. It was held at the James Reserve, one of the field stations of the University of California. Their website, incidentally, has some great webcams on it. I brought along a battery operated blacklight, generously loaned to me by the UCR Entomology Museum, to try and collect some beetles. Many beetles that show up to blacklights have nematodes associated with them, either as parasites or just hitching a ride. I’ll post an update if I manage to find anything interesting on them. I also remembered to bring my fly rod up for a little fishing at “Lake” Fulmor, a pond adjacent to the reserve. The meeting wrapped up with dinner at the Gastrognome, a seafood place in Idyllwild, and a discussion of future collaborative projects. Please be sure to check out my photo album of the event Here. Also, see Mark Blaxter’s excellent photographic evidence from this event and the SON meeting Here.
- RT @amyneurons: Improving connectomics by an order of magnitude - @GoogleAI on ML for neuroscience and the epic neuron visualization tool,… 1 hour ago
- RT @maxplanckpress: Artificial neural networks now able to help reveal a #brain’s structure mpg.de/12130750/neura… @mpiNeuro 1 hour ago
- You can file 'outrage' right up there with 'thoughts and prayers' if not followed by action. This message is direct… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
- RT @neurowitz: Connectomics has ENORMOUS potential to benefit the world. Not just by providing deeper insight into differences between heal… 7 hours ago
- @stardazed0 @casa_tuthill @neuromusic @michalj @janeliaflyem Now all we need is the mouse visual cortex example... 1 day ago
- @casa_tuthill @neuromusic @stardazed0 I can't get enough of that visualization... 1 day ago
- @jacquidetwiler nice to have you by for a short lab visit, if you have any more questions for us about our crazy el… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago