I attended the Nematode Tree of Life Dorylaimia workshop. Nematologists from all over the world flew out for the occasion so it was a great chance to meet with old friends and make some new ones. Many thanks to the De Ley lab for their organizational efforts. It was held at the James Reserve, one of the field stations of the University of California. Their website, incidentally, has some great webcams on it. I brought along a battery operated blacklight, generously loaned to me by the UCR Entomology Museum, to try and collect some beetles. Many beetles that show up to blacklights have nematodes associated with them, either as parasites or just hitching a ride. I’ll post an update if I manage to find anything interesting on them. I also remembered to bring my fly rod up for a little fishing at “Lake” Fulmor, a pond adjacent to the reserve. The meeting wrapped up with dinner at the Gastrognome, a seafood place in Idyllwild, and a discussion of future collaborative projects. Please be sure to check out my photo album of the event Here. Also, see Mark Blaxter’s excellent photographic evidence from this event and the SON meeting Here.
- @albertcardona If we could figure out a way to head plate that thing to get some behavioral context.... 3 hours ago
- RT @albertcardona: With the smallest known free-living fully-formed juvenile at 15 mm including the tail, the chameleon Brookesia micra sho… 3 hours ago
- RT @JordanUhl: At Trump’s rally last night: -He endorsed a pedophile -A speaker compared his Israel decision to “Jesus’ return” -He mock… 2 days ago
- RT @Comey: “Applause is the spur of noble minds, the end and aim of weak ones.” - Edmund Burke (1730-1797) 2 days ago
- RT @Viveknprakash: nice article by @Planaria1 on how we can solve longstanding problems biology by studying new organisms ! also see his in… 2 days ago
- RT @mtyka: Wow. There are no zigzags in this picture - only wavy lines. Original paper by Kohske Takahashi on curvature illusion. https://t… 3 days ago
- RT @SchwabYannick: Wow: a game changer for SBEM! High-performance serial block-face SEM of nonconductive biological samples enab... https:… 3 days ago